SMSU ATHLETICS: Annual Drown SMSU Golf Classic still scheduled for June 19
MARSHALL — The Mustang Booster Club and the Southwest Minnesota State University Athletics Department has announced the 35th annual “David & Carol Drown SMSU Golf Classic”, sponsored by the Mustang Booster Club, is still scheduled to be held on Friday, June 19, at the Marshall Golf Club.
Due to COVID-19 and social distance regulations, the Marshall Golf Club and the Mustang Booster Club have made adjustments for the five-person scramble tournament to be held on June 19. All proceeds from the event go to the SMSU Athletic Scholarship fund.
2020 Drown SMSU Golf Classic Modifications:
• There will be tee times every 10 minutes instead of a shotgun start. The tee times will begin at 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Teams are required to go online and request a tee time at SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic. The Drown Golf Classic committee will do its best to get each team scheduled in their preferred time slot.
• Each five-person team will be allowed three golf cars with one person driving and two team members walking the course.
• There will be no pre-golf luncheon or post-golf award ceremony, but a meal will be provided to each individual.
• Team are encouraged to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to their tee time.
• Individuals and teams should purchase the putting contest, buy-up hole and raffle board, prior to the event on-line at SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic.
In addition to 18 holes of golf, registrants receive a Mustang gift, meal, beverages, tee gifts, use of a golf cart and complimentary range balls.
There are various levels to help support the event either as an individual or for your business to sponsor a team. This is a great social event to share with your friends, employees or clients and help support Mustang student-athletes.
For more information, or to sign-up a five-person team or as an individual go to SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic.
Businesses that would like to sponsor a team, please contact Kelly Loft at 507-537-7177 or email@example.com.
— Content courtesy
of SMSU Athletic