Marshall Community Services
For registration information, call 537-6767 from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or log onto https://bit.ly/2mIZEQh.
• Beginning Hockey will be Mondays and Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m. from Sept. 16 through Oct. 10 at the Red Baron Arena & Expo. Monday, Sept. 16, will be equipment hand-out only. This program is for boys and girls ages 4 through 4th grade who have no previous organized hockey experience to have fun and be introduced to the sport of hockey. Fee: $40 per person.
• ECFE-Family Play Date at Park Side (for birth – 5 years with a parent) will be from 9-11 a.m. Mondays (Sept. 16-Oct. 28 – no class 9/30 or 10/21) in the preschool room at Park Side Elementary. Dress up for dramatic play, explore the wonders of math, science and your senses while you squish, squeeze and create. Fee: $20 per family.
• Make and Takes: A Cricut Class – T-Shirts will be from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at Treasured Times (313 W. Main St.). This is an introductory level Cricut class which will teach the basics of how to use a Cricut machine to design your own T-shirt. Fee: $20 per person. Register by Sept. 10.
• ECFE-FUNdamentals (for birth-5 years with a parent) will be from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays (Sept. 17-Oct. 22) at the ECFE Office in the Marshall Middle School. Fee: $24 per family. (Sliding fee scale applies to this class.)
• ECFE-First Friends (for birth-5 years with a parent) will be from 9-11 a.m. Wednesdays (Sept. 18-Dec. 18 – no class on the 1st Wednesday of the month) at the ECFE Office in the Marshall Middle School. Fee: $40 per family. (Sliding fee scale applies to this class.)
• Adult Woodshop will be from 3:15-5:15 p.m. Thursdays (Sept. 19-Dec. 12) in the Marshall High School Woodshop. Area adults have the opportunity to use the MHS Woodshop facility and its equipment under an experienced supervisor. Fee: $20 per person.
• ECFE-Popular Parenting (for birth-5 years with a parent) will be from 9-11 a.m. Fridays (Sept. 20 – Dec. 20) at the ECFE Office in the Marshall Middle School Fee: $44 per family. (Sliding fee scale applies to this class.)
• Pathfinders will be from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays and from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Sept. 23 at the Marshall Middle School. The program will include a snack, team activities, a wide range of instructor-led programs and/or projects which include physical fitness, arts/crafts, and cooking. Fee: $50 per semester or $90 per school year.
• Hmong Cooking Classes: Pho sure! will be from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at the Marshall Middle School FACS Room. Learn how to make a beef broth noodle soup known as Pho. Fee: $40 per person (supplies included) to attend class at Marshall Middle School OR $20 per person (supplies NOT included) to join from home via Adobe Connect.
• Basics of Real Estate Investing will be from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at the Adult Community Center. Learn some of the basics and pitfalls to avoid when looking for an investment property. Fee: $15 per person.
• ECFE+ the next adventure in parenting K-1 (parents of students in kindergarten-1st grade) will be from 9-11 a.m. Mondays (Sept. 30, Oct. 21 and Nov. 18) at the ECFE Preschool room at Park Side School. Fee for all three dates: $2 per parent without children in attendance and $4 per family attending with children.