Brothers die after being overcome by fumes in grain silo
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say two brothers are dead after being overcome by fumes in a grain silo on a western Minnesota farm.
The Star Tribune reports the victims were identified as 47-year-old Curt F. Boesl and 49-year-old Steven T. Boesl.
Authorities say an 11-year-old son of Curt Boesl’s, Alex, also fell ill to the fumes late Saturday morning near Millerville and was taken by air ambulance to a Twin Cities hospital. His condition has not been released.
Authorities say Curt Boesl and his were working in the top of the silo and “were apparently overcome by fumes.”
Another son outside the silo saw what happened and called 911. He also called his uncle, Steven Boesl, who arrived on scene and went to the top of the silo to try and rescue his brother and nephew.
Authorities say Steven Boesl also was “apparently overcome by fumes,.
By the time deputies arrived, all three were unconscious. Emergency responders removed them three from the silo.
Ambulance personnel declared Steven Boesl dead at the scene. Curt Boesl died Sunday morning.