Marshall Community Services
For registration information, call 537-6767 from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or log onto https://bit.ly/2mIZEQh.
• Make and Takes: A Cricut Class – Mugs will be from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Treasured Times (313 W. Main St.). This is an introductory level Cricut class which will teach the basics of how to use a Cricut machine to design your own mug. Fee: $20 per person.
• Freezer Meals will be from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Hy-Vee. Participants will prep four different meals: Chicken Parmesan, Crockpot Canadian Bacon and Potato Chowder, Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup and Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Fee: $70 per person.
• I’m Alone will be from 3:30-5 p.m. Oct. 22, 29, Nov. 5 and 12 at the Marshall Middle School. Learn about what to do when you are home alone – including personal safety strategies, how to make easy snacks, what to do in an emergency, gaining self-confidence and more. Fee: $25 per person.
• Hmong Cooking Classes: Let me see that noodle bowl! will be from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22, at the Marshall Middle School FACS Room. Learn how to make a light and refreshing noodle bowl loaded with veggies and herbs complete with a sweet sauce. Fee: $40 per person (supplies included) to attend class at Marshall Middle School OR $20 per person (supplies NOT included) to join from home via Adobe Connect.
• High/Low Yoga will be from 5:45-6:45 p.m. Tuesdays (Oct. 22-Nov. 26) at the Adult Community Center. This class combines a strengthening vinyasa practice with a slower, seated practice focused on flexibility and joint health. Fee: $45 per person.
• Learn to Skate Lessons will begin on Saturday, Oct. 26, at the Red Baron Arena & Expo. Lessons, available for preschool children and older, will be Saturday mornings through Dec. 7.
• “Rock on Ice” Halloween Bash will be from 6-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at the Red Baron Arena & Expo. This event for students in 8th grade and younger will include games, prizes, music and fun! Fee: $4 if you wear a costume and $5 if you don’t wear a costume.
• Driver Education Classroom: The next classroom session of Driver Education will be Oct. 27 through Nov. 18. The program will begin with a Parent/Teen session on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the MERIT Center, and classroom sessions will be held at the MERIT Center. Students must be age 14 before they begin the classroom.
• Pathfinders will be from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays and from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Sept. 23 at the Marshall Middle School. The program will include a snack, team activities, a wide range of instructor-led programs and/or projects which include physical fitness, arts/crafts, and cooking. Fee: $50 per semester or $90 per school year.