×

Post demands release of seized devices

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A judge is weighing the Washington Post’s demand for federal authorities to return electronic devices seized from a Post reporter’s Virginia home last month. U.S. Magistrate Judge William Porter didn’t rule from the bench Friday on the newspaper’s request. Porter had authorized the search by FBI agents investigating allegations that a Pentagon contractor illegally leaked classified information to Post reporter Hannah Natanson. Porter said he intends to rule before a follow-up hearing scheduled for March 4. Post attorney Simon Latcovich said the information contained on Natanson’s devices could expose hundreds of confidential sources. The government argues it is entitled to keep the material because it contains evidence in an ongoing investigation with national security implications.

Starting at $3.95/week.

Subscribe Today