/usr/web/www.marshallindependent.com/wp-content/themes/coreV2/single.php
×

House fire reported in Marshall

Photo by Mike Lamb Marshall firefighters put caution tape around a house where a kitchen fire was put out on Saturday afternoon. Deputy Fire Chief Jake Olsen said there were no human injuries, but a pet was lost in the fire.

MARSHALL — Marshall firefighters responded to a fire in the kitchen of a rental property on Pleasant Avenue on Saturday afternoon. While there were no human injuries, a pet was lost in the fire, said Deputy Fire Chief Jake Olsen.

Around 2 p.m. Saturday, the Marshall Fire Department received a call for smoke coming out of the back of a house on the 500 block of Pleasant Avenue, Olsen said. There was a fire in the home’s kitchen, and lots of smoke in the building. Firefighters were able to put out the fire, but the incident is under investigation.

“There was very heavy smoke damage throughout the house,” Olsen said. The Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents of the house, Olsen said.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

Starting at $4.38/week.

Subscribe Today