December 27, 2013,
January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2014
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTIFICATION OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
DATE: December 18, 2013.
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: February 6, 2004.
2. Mortgagors: Nichole Josephson, a single person.
3. Mortgagees: First Independent Bank.
4. Recording Information: Recorded on February 9, 2004, as Document Number 152213, in the Office of the County Recorder of Lyon County, Minnesota, and Mortgage Modification Agreement dated February 6, 2009, recorded February 23, 2009 as Document No. 180083.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: N/A
Information Regarding Mortgaged Premises
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises:
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises: Lot Eight (8), Block Twenty-One (21) of the Third Railroad Addition to the City of Taunton, Lyon County, Minnesota, except the Southerly 91 feet thereof.
Check here if all or part of the described real property is Registered (Torrens)
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 104 North Quincy Street, Taunton, MN 56291
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage: is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30. The name(s) of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is First Independent Bank.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is: Not Applicable.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $39,921.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $28,716.69.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Lyon County, Minnesota, at public auction on February 20, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. at the Lyon County Sheriff's Office at 611 West Main Street, Marshall, MN 56258.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on August 20, 2014.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR'S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee or Morgage Assignee:
/s/ Paul E. Stoneberg
Paul E. Stoneberg
STONEBERG, GILES & STROUP, P.A.
300 South O'Connell Street
Marshall, MN 56258
Telephone: (507) 537-0591
Attorney Reg. No: 105892
Mortgage Assignee: First Independent Bank