February 11, 18, 25,
March 4, 11, 18, 2014
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
Minnesota Uniform Conveyancing Blanks
Minn. Stat. 580.025, 580.04
Form 60.2.1 (2009)
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTIFICATION OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
DATE: January 31, 2014.
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSE
1. Date of Mortgage: June 4, 2003 as amended December 23, 2008.
2. Mortgagor(s): Steven J. Almlie and Edna G. Almlie, husband and wife.
3. Mortgagees: First Independent Bank
4. Recording Information: Recorded on June 10, 2003 as Document Number 147073, and corrective mortgage recorded January 27, 2009 as Document No. 179733, in the Office of the County Recorder of Lyon County, Minnesota.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: None.
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification numbers of the mortgaged premises: 31-178006-0 and 21-1000081.
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
COMMENCING at a point on the South line of Section Fourteen (14), Township One Hundred Nine (109) North, Range Forty (40) West of the Fifth Principal Meridian, a distance of One Thousand Fifteen (1015) feet West from the Southeast corner of said Section 14; thence running North at right angles with said section line a distance of Five Hundred (500) feet; thence west at right angles a distance of One Hundred Seventy (170) feet; thence South at right angles a distance of Five Hundred (500) feet to the South line of said Section 14; thence East at right angles and along the South line of said Section 14, a distance of One Hundred Seventy (170) feet to the point of beginning.
A tract of land located in the Southeast Quater of the Southeast Quarter (SE1/4SE1/4) of Section Fourteen (14), Township One Hundred Nine (109), Range Forty (40) West of the Fifth Principal Meridian, described as follows: COMMENCING at a point on the South line of said Section 14, 925 feet West of the Southeast corner of said Section 14; thence running North at a right angle with the south line of said Section 14 a distance of 500 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING of tract to be described; thence West, parallel with the South line of said Section 14 a distance of 260 feet; thence North, at a right angle with South line of said Section 14 a distance of 160 feet; thence East, parallel with the South line of said Section 14 a distance of 260 feet; thence South, at a right angle with the South line of said Section 14, a distance of 160 feet to the Point of Beginning, consisting of .955 acres, more or less.
An easement for ingress and egress to the above-described tract over the East 10 feet of the following-described tract: COMMENCING at a point on the South line of Section 14, Township 109 North, Range 40 West of the Fifth Principal Meridian, a distance of 925 feet West from the Southeast corner of said Section 14; thence running North at right angles with said section line for a distance of 500 feet; thence West at right angles for a distance of 60 feet; thence South and at right angles a distance of 500 feet to the South line of said Section 14; thence East at right angles and along the South line of said Section 14 for a distance of 60 feet.
Southwesterly One-half (SW1/2) of lot Numbered Eleven (11), in Block Numbered One (1), in the Town of Balaton, Minnesota, according to the plat thereof on file in the office of the Register of Deeds of Lyon County, Minn.
The Northeasterly One-half (NE1/12) of Lot Eleven (11), Block 1, Balaton, Minnesota.
The Northeast five (5) feet of Lot Ten (10), Block One (1), Orignal plat to the City of Balaton, Lyon County, Minnesota, according to the recorded plat thereof.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 444 Craig Avenue, Tracy, Minnesota 56175 and 140 West Second Street, Balaton, Minnesota 56115.
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage: is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30.
The name(s) of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is First Independent Bank.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is First Independent Bank.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $147,087.15.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Lyon County, Minnesota, at public auction on April 10, 2014 at 10:00 a.m., at the main entrance to the Lyon County Law Enforcement Center, 611 West Main Street, Marshall, Minnesota 56258.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on N/A.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR'S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee Name of Mortgagee or or Mortgage Assignee: Mortgage Assignee:
/s/ Paul E. StonebergFirst Independent Bank
Paul E. Stoneberg
STONEBERG, GILES & STROUP, P.A.
300 South O'Connell Street
Marshall, MN 56258
Telephone: (507) 537-0591
Attorney Reg. No: 105892