Winning three of four singles matches, the Yellow Medicine East girls' tennis team pulled out a 4-3 win over Worthington Thursday in Redwood Falls.
Worthington's Kate Lesnar topped YME's Jordan Glad at No. 1 singles, but the Sting got wins from Danielle Clarke, Rachel Christensen and Leah Gluth in the other three singles matches.
The YME No. 1 doubles team of Britanna Raddatz and Jordan Trotter earned a 6-3, 5-7, 10-2 win over Emily Williamson and Rachel Drietz to push the Sting over the top.
YME 4, Worthington 3
1. Kate Lesnar (WOR) def. Jordan Glad 7-5, 6-3
2. Danielle Clarke (YME) def. Elizabeth Luke 6-4, 6-0
3. Rachel Christensen (YME) def. Kirsten Aljets 6-1, 6-2
4. Leah Gluth (YME) def. Laura Wettering 6-3, 5-7, 10-3
1. Britanna Raddatz/Jordan Trotter (YME) def. Emily Williamson/Rachel Drietz 6-3, 5-7, 10-2
2. Brianna Kempem/Makensie Carstensen (WOR) def. Keaunna Hammer/Sandy Bartels 6-4, 3-6, 10-3
3. Annie Lesnar/Kara Honius (WOR) def. Mariah Norrel/Sophie Timm 6-2, 6-3