ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The driver of a minivan suffered burns and concussion injuries when a propane tank exploded inside his vehicle parked at a St. Paul Wal-Mart.
Fire officials say the man was returning to the van Sunday afternoon and either started the vehicle or lit a cigarette causing the leaky 100-pound tank to explode.
Authorities say the doors and windows of the van were blown out, sending shattered glass flying.
The man was taken to Regions hospital. Authorities did not release his condition.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press (http://bit.ly/1pmAlk8 ) reports the propane tank was significantly larger than a barbecue grill tank.
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com