NEW ULM, Minn. (AP) — Authorities say a New Ulm apartment house fire that killed a woman last month was accidental.
Fifty-year-old Darcy Moldan was rescued from her second-floor apartment during the Feb. 27 fire but later died of her injuries.
Investigators determined the fire started in a plastic waste container in the kitchen of Moldan's apartment.
Four people living on the apartment's main floor escaped without injury.
New Ulm Fire Chief Paul Macho says investigators confirmed the apartment building had enough fire alarms.
The Free Press of Mankato (http://bit.ly/1d5iqsV ) reports the fire was investigated by the New Ulm fire and police departments and the state fire marshal's office.
Information from: The Free Press, http://www.mankatofreepress.com