MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is planning to disclose the names of at least 29 priests who have been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
The archdiocese plans to release the information Thursday on its website and in its newspaper, The Catholic Spirit. The information will include the clerics' names, ages, statuses and other details.
The archdiocese says there are 33 names on its 2004 list of priests who were credibly accused of abuse. A judge ruled earlier this week that the archdiocese has to release all the names by Dec. 17, or explain why.
The archdiocese says most of the names being released already have been in the media. All of the men have been permanently removed from ministry.