Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Minn. toddler in ND hospital breathing on his own

October 4, 2013
Associated Press

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.

Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo last weekend.

KVLY-TV ( ) reports that he's now breathing on his own.

An aunt posted to an online site that Alex was taken off the breathing tubes on Friday morning and "being a little feisty" but that's OK.

Family members say he thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.

Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, earlier told KVLY that Tide should change the look of its pod. The company said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.


Information from: KVLY-TV,



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web