Tigers first at Shakopee Speech Tournament
From staff reports
The Marshall Tiger Speech Team placed first out of 28 teams at the Shakopee Speech Tournament on Saturday.
Eden Prairie placed second and Wayzata third.
Marshall had three individual first-place finishes. Leading the way for the tigers was senior Mariana Oaxaca who placed first in Drama and third in Poetry. This is Oaxaca’s fourth first-place finish this season and the tigers third team sweepstakes championship.
Up next for the tiger speakers is the National Qualifying Tournament and the Eagan Invitational this weekend.
• Alexa Amundson, first place, prose
• Jenna Zeug, first place, informative
• Mariana Oaxaca, first place, drama
• Daniel Van Keulen, second place, creative expression
• Isaiah Schroeder, second pace , drama
• Signe Christensen, second place, storytelling
• Karsten Armstrong, third place, discussion
• Mariana Oaxaca, third place, poetry
• Allie Lamote, fourth place, drama
• Nick Dunn, fourth place, humorous
• Savannah Boedigheimer, fifth place, informative
• Daniel Van Keulen and Nacho Larios, ninth place, duo
• Danny Smith, ninth place, creative expression
• Elsa Black, ninth place, storytelling
• Ta’mia Hedlin, 10th place, humorous
• Ashtyn Eben, 11th place, informative
• Jadzia Nigg and John Smentek, 11th place, duo
• Lexi Schnaser, 12th place, original oratory
• Alex Gergen and Dakota Edens, 13th Place, duo