Marshall residents escape attic fire

Photo by Jody Isaackson

The Marshall Fire Department worked to put out an attic fire at a home on South First Street on Tuesday afternoon. Marshall Fire Chief Marc Klaith said it looked like the fire was caused by problems with electric heat in the ceiling of the home. There were people in the home at the time of the fire, Klaith said, “But everyone got out fine.” Klaith said there was smoke damage and firefighters had to cut down the living room ceiling.

COMMENTS